Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Information sought on shipping 416Bs to Australia

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    G'day,

    E.g. sturdily packaged size and weight, suitable economy postage cost, and any other considerations.

    Thanks, Marshall.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    G'day Marshall,

    I've often wondered about international shipping, so out of curiousity I ran the Fedex calculator for a 40 lb package (approx 2 416s plus packing) from my place (near the center of continental US) to Melbourne, Australia (just picked a city I recognized). Using the cheapest service, FedEx International Economy?, shipping cost was $455.38 (US). Their Priority service, which gave a 5-6 day schedule, was $511.25. It also said;

    "To prevent delays, your shipment must have the following customs documents attached: Commercial Invoice, Certificate of Origin, Shipper's Export Declaration. "

    I presume those details can be fullfilled by merely filling out the proper forms, but I didn't verify that.

    So, it looks like shipping a pair costs roughly about as much as the drivers themselves cost here in the US. I didn't check currency conversion, but unless something changed lately, the US dollar is pretty cheap on the world market, so it might not look so bad from your side of the pond.

    I have a really nice pair of 416-8Bs I hadn't planned on selling, but...I haven't worked enough lately to keep up with the bills. PM me if you're interested.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member RacerXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2006
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Look into a company called BAX Global. Their shipping prices were substantially better than FED-EX, UPS, or DHL last time I checked.

    The only drawback to their service is that shipping must originate from a business of some sort - not a home residence. Then it can be shipped to a home residence, business, or anywhere.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks man, I'll check it out. forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.